Do I qualify as a first-time home buyer?
You may qualify as a first-time home buyer if:
- You have not had ownership interest in a residential property in the last 3 years.
- You are a displaced homemaker, meaning that you are an adult who has worked full-time as a caretaker for a home and a family without pay and owned a home or resided in a home with his or her partner.
- You are a single parent – unmarried or legally separated from a spouse with sole or joint custody of one or more children or is pregnant – and have owned or resided in a home with his/her partner.
- You have owned or currently own a principal residence not permanently affixed to a permanent foundation.
- You owned property that was not in compliance with state, local or model building codes and that cannot be brought into compliance for less than the cost of constructing a permanent structure.